Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Saka no Ue no Kumo DVD


Went to my local asian dvd store looking to see if I might find Kazoku Hotei and Pandora 3 and could find neither. I have a feeling that its probably impossible to find HK English subbed Wowow doramas cause I didn't see any of the Pandoras or Shokuzai. I think there's no way I should be a best of 2011 list without watching Pandora 3. Looks like I'm going to have to rely on Jadefrost's synopsis and hope it doesn't have too many medical/science terms.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure jdoramas have THX sound. *sarcasm* I just hate sitting through it everytime the disc starts.


However, what caught my eye was Saka no Ue no Kumo. I think someone mentioned it in the comments before. Its got Abe Hiroshi, Masahiro Motoki who I usually see in movies, Kanno Miho and Kagawa Teruyuki who I've seen in even more movies. There are 3 parts to the series and they were selling each individual part for aud$20 but the box set for all three parts in 5 dvds came to $45.

Discs 4 and 5 are behind the two discs on the right facing away.

The wiki says that there are thirteen episodes but the first dvd already has 4 episodes. Maybe the later discs have 2 episodes per disc only or something. Too lazy to check each one. The subs are typical direct from chinese translation with is always a problem with names and are probably auto translated. Better than no subs, especially for a historical series.


I need a bloody long weekend with a bucket of KFC hot and spicy and 4 litres of coke in order to consume this dorama in one shot which I don't expect to be doing anytime soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site has Shokuzai and all Pandora's w/ English subs:

http://jpdorama.com/default.asp

Saka no Ue no Kumo was actually broadcasted in 5.1 surround, but the ones in your pocession are probably just in stereo.

Anonymous said...

Ooops...watch out for the 'compressed' DVDs which are of lower quality (they cramp more episodes onto 1 disc); the non 'compressed' ones (those w/o 'ENG' in their titles) also have english subs, although part III's have not been released.

Akiramike said...

Thanks for the link. I'm going to try watching Pandora 3 without subs when I get back and if I have trouble understanding, I'll order it.

Not as bad the vcd days when they cut and compress two episodes into one vcd.